Here’s What To Expect On Your First Chiropractic Visit
Many people are unsure what to expect at their first visit to the chiropractor.
At Cone Chiropractic, we have over 20 years of experience.
We will do everything we can to make you feel welcome and get the best results from your chiropractic care.
Here is what you can expect:
- You will be greeted warmly when entering the office. Gena or Kristin will help you get started. We are required to get a thorough health history and will have you fill out a few forms. This first step takes about 10 to 20 minutes.
- We will ask to get a copy of your insurance card so we can file your services. We will do all the insurance set-up and will send in your visits on a weekly basis.
- Kristin will contact your insurance company to check on your benefits so you know how much each visit will cost you.
- Once the forms are filled out completely, we will give you a tour of the office. This allows you so see the equipment we use that will help you feel better.
- You will be educated about the benefits of chiropractic via a short 4-minute welcome video. This also gives Dr. Cone time to read over your health history forms so he can ask accurate questions during the consultation.
- Dr. Cone will do a consultation to see if chiropractic care can help your condition. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Next is the examination where Dr. Cone will perform different tests to analyze your spine and other joints. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Once the examination is complete, Dr. Cone will explain what option is best for you. One option is to start with the chiropractic adjustment immediately. The other option is to take a digital x-ray. The x-rays will give Dr. Cone more information so he can best treat your condition. Whatever option you take, a chiropractic adjustment will be performed at your first visit.
- A chiropractic adjustment will be done to help your body start to heal. Also, traction, ice, heat, electrical muscle stimulation, ultrasound, exercises, and supplements may be done to help you feel better faster.
- Your next visit will be scheduled to discuss a plan to get you on the road to recovery and any questions you may have.
I hope this helps you understand the first visit procedure.
Schedule Your Appointment
Call to schedule now!